Cancellations, Transfers & Payments
Since numerous arrangements and commitments are made immediately upon receiving a reservation, we adhere to the following cancellation policy. Trip cancellation insurance is recommended.
- If you cancel...
- Four months or more prior to departure, a $300 per person cancellation fee is charged.
- Three to four months prior to departure, 50% of the trip price is non-refundable.
- Less than three months prior to departure, 100% of the trip price is non-refundable.
In the unlikely event that we must cancel a trip, you will have the choice of a free transfer to another trip, or a full refund of your payment to Butterfly Tours.
Download our information package - a PDF file that includes our reservation and cancellation policies.
Before registering on a trip, please read: Personal Preparation
To confirm your reservation, the completed medical form, waiver, terms and balance of payment must be received by Butterfly Tours at least four months prior to departure.
If the balance of payment and completed forms have not been received four months prior to departure, the reservation becomes cancelled. In this case, the space would be released to our waiting list and 50% of the trip price would become non-refundable.
Please contact us if you are going to miss the due date and would like to request extra time; it may be possible to hold your reservation for up to seven additional days to allow your completed forms to arrive by email, or express postal mail. (For Sechelt, express postal mail often arrives sooner than couriers.)
Alternatively, please see: Last-Minute Reservations
Last-minute reservations are welcome and require full payment within one week in order to confirm space. (Reservations made less than four months prior to departure are considered last-minute.)
Upon receiving your $500 per person deposit, Butterfly Tours will provide you with access to our password-protected online resource. The resource includes printable files containing the equipment list, medical form, waiver and terms.
To confirm a last-minute reservation, the completed medical form, waiver, terms and balance of payment must be received by Butterfly Tours within one week.
Under certain circumstances, it may be possible to change a reservation to an alternate date during the same year. The following policy applies if you transfer to another trip after your reservation has been received.
- If you transfer to another trip...
- Four months or more prior to departure, a $300 per person transfer fee is charged.
- Less than four months prior to departure, an $800 per person transfer fee is charged.
Transferring your reservation to another person may be possible in certain circumstances. Generally, it is your responsibility to find another appropriate person to take your place on a trip. Please contact Gord for details.
Different transfer conditions apply to group discounts.
To cover bank charges, there is a $40 fee per returned cheque.
Travel medical and trip cancellation insurance is recommended.
- Fees on this page are in both Canadian and American dollars:
- If the trip price is paid in Canadian dollars, then fees are in Canadian currency.
- If the trip price is paid in American dollars, then fees are in American currency.
Balance of payment must be provided in the same currency as the deposit.
You are welcome to contact Gord if you have any questions.